Bearded dragon eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, so I'm new to breeding. I've followed some steps on this website and some others on how to care for the eggs, but only on putting them in the incubator and caring for them once they hatch. Anyways, my first clutch (14) was born 8 weeks ago.. all healthy full white eggs. But now they are all caving in, I've tried misting, making sure vermiculite was well moist, heat goes from 80°-83° and humidity changes between 70-80. Is there anything I could do to take better care of the next two new clutches? Is my first clutch dead or do I keep waiting?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, are you sure they are fertile ? Sometimes slugs can still be plump, but it's not often. The way you have them set up + the misting of the eggs has probably killed them. Misting can drown the embryo. The small shallow cups do not hold enough moisture or if they dry out you can accidentally add too MUCH water + kill them . I set mine up like this [ plastic shoe boxes, about 3" vermiculite ] and over many years had nearly 100 % hatch rate in all the clutches.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29937/full

jakeredd2002

Original Poster
Honestly I'm not, I've been too scared to candle them to check cause I didn't want to roll them around cause I heard that wasn't good? But thank you, I've probably screwed myself with these clutches lol but I'll do my best to take care of them. But do you have any tips on how to care for them for the 60 days or more that they are in the incubator ? Things I could to make a survival rate better?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can turn lights out + shine a penlight right up close to your best looking eggs, that should show the veins if you have any eggs that aren't collapsed too much. You can actually pick the eggs up gently to do it as long as you place it right back the way it was.

To keep your eggs healthy set them up like in the picture that I posted. You can also follow the info here :

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=166108

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom