INCUBATOR EMERGENCY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I put my bearded dragons together because a light I ordered online went out I didn’t expect them to mate. I’ve been trying to do so much research because I noticed her belly getting bigger, about 4 days ago she started digging so I bought all the necessary things for her to lay her eggs. She laid them the same day I put her in it and that surprised me as well because I read that it took a week or two. I have made my own incubator, although I know it’s not recommended I had to make my own because I don’t have the money for a good incubator at the moment because this happened all so fast. I am having problems with my temperature and my humidity. My incubator is a bin with a water heater, water, a stand and obviously the Tupperware with vermiculite. To get the temperature at 84-87 the lid has to be on but once I put the lid on the humidity sky rockets to 99% and I’ve read that 75% or 80-90% is okay. And whenever I try and lower the humidity the temp drops to 79-81 PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ASAP

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I kind of doubt your humidity is jumping to that with the lid closed. Are you using an accurate device to measure. I used the same type of DIY incubator you are describing for the first clutch I ever hatched and things were fine. You can wipe down the walls to remove the moisture do that the only water is assay the bottom for your submersible heater. That should help a bit.

-Brandon

Christiangarza5289

Original Poster
I’m using a flukers thermometer/ hydrometer, I have it where the eggs are.i can show you if you don’t believe me, it’s at 86% right now and 78 degrees. Is it a good idea to get a reptibator?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Buying an incubator would be more consistent. When I did it I just set my submersible heater to whatever setting got me to the air temps that I needed. It didnt have a temp indicator on it.

Can you post a pic of your DIY? Might help us see what's going on so we can make a suggestion for you.

-Brandon

Are you going to raise them? I’ve never raised a clutch before but upon reading about it it seems like it’s not worth it if there’s already so many people breeding. Babies are super expensive to feed and keep if you’re raising them from day 1, need to buy thousands of crickets every month, and find homes for them when they’re bigger, which might be a little hard since there are a ton of dragons everywhere for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom