Egg health and size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My male and female dragons have mated about 2 months ago, separated right after and it has been 56 days incubating for the eggs. It seems like the eggs has grown in size but that was a month ago, is the egg healthy?
102216-830050377.jpg
The incubation temp is 85 F and humidity is 80%
Does the egg get a lot bigger as it gets closer to hatching? Also, would it be okay to raise the temp about 2 degrees this stage of incubating or should I leave it be?
Thanks in advance!
:blob5:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, they definitely swell as they develop but it can be hard to judge how much your eggs have grown if you don't have before + after pics. Here are some of mine hatching [ years ago ] but I'll look to see if I have any pics of eggs when they were just laid. At that point they are more oblong.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30025/full

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29937/full

And no, don't change the temps. BTW, I've had eggs hatch anywhere from about 53 days to over 80, all were healthy.

CardinalMordredBD

Original Poster
UPDATE:
So it's been 67 days, and it seems like the eggs are denting. I am hoping it isn't an humidity issue and I have put a bit more water in the incubator to make sure it wasn't that problem.(They started denting yesterday) Today this morning, I went to check on the eggs and still dented. Possible hatching? I don't see any condensation on the eggs or "sweating", so i'm kinda getting worried if they might not hatch.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They usually do sweat but it's not unheard of for it to not happen. Unless something really went wrong they should be hatching. Can you post pics of the eggs ?

CardinalMordredBD

Original Poster
102216-8177264612.jpg
Hey sorry I haven't responded in awhile, I was pretty busy this week. Any who, it's been 73 days now, and now the one of the other eggs have started denting. I couldn't get a lot of pictures, but here's the two I posted earlier.
102216-2393380567.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Those are not collapsed yet. It will be much more apparent when they do. They MAY be a tad dehydrated but nothing really looks out of the ordinary.

CardinalMordredBD

Original Poster
Well I added a bit more water to the substrate, but their still collapsing and denting. No sign of a sweating, or plumping back up. I was really worried so I candled one of the eggs, but there is still a lot of red and I believe I saw movement. I'm just really anxious that this clutch won't make it. :(

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would wait till around day 90 before thinking the worst. Sometimes the genetics of the female also just leads to longer times. It's not always your setup.

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They still look good so try not to worry ! I've had eggs take more than 80 days and they hatched big + healthy.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, those were fine in the other pics but these have really gone downhill. How much water did you add and did you get any on the eggs ?

CardinalMordredBD

Original Poster
I added a bit of water around the eggs, but I assume most likely water got on the bottom of the eggs, but I am not sure.
Is there anything I could do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom