Signs of laying eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxson

May someone please tell me all the signs to watch for that would indicate Jaxson is ready to lay eggs? We have a 40gal breeder so can I put a lay box inside that?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, how old is Jaxson ? Females + males can both be restless at times and start digging around the tank but a gravid female will usually stop eating 2-5 days [ but some eat right up to egg laying day ] before laying and just dig at the corners + under everything in the tank. You can put a smallish laybox in the tank, here's the one I had for my girls years ago. Filled about 4/5 with damp sand, they used it every time.

Jaxson

Original Poster
AHBD":2fgwlv7q said:
Hi there, how old is Jaxson ? Females + males can both be restless at times and start digging around the tank but a gravid female will usually stop eating 2-5 days [ but some eat right up to egg laying day ] before laying and just dig at the corners + under everything in the tank. You can put a smallish laybox in the tank, here's the one I had for my girls years ago. Filled about 4/5 with damp sand, they used it every time.

Your pic didn’t post.

But I’m not sure how old she is. No one could ever help me with figuring out how old she is. I only know measurements. We got her 1/6/19 and she was 6.5 inches from head to tail now she is about 15 inches long from head to tail but not very wide or huge in width. Her tail is super long. So I honestly don’t know. How do I tell the age?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oooops, sorry I forgot the pic, here it is.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30026/full

If she was 6.5 in Jan. she was probably around 6-8 weeks old. She's probably in the 5-6 month old range. They VERY rarely will lay at that age + size, almost unheard of. Probably another 4 months at least but it's good to have the laybox anyway. :) Some females never lay, others can lay at any time even at 9-10 years of age for the first time.

Jaxson

Original Poster
AHBD":33ehzj10 said:
Oooops, sorry I forgot the pic, here it is.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30026/full

If she was 6.5 in Jan. she was probably around 6-8 weeks old. She's probably in the 5-6 month old range. They VERY rarely will lay at that age + size, almost unheard of. Probably another 4 months at least but it's good to have the laybox anyway. :) Some females never lay, others can lay at any time even at 9-10 years of age for the first time.

Oh wow!!!! Thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom