Boy or girl? What do you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condor93

I got this beardie about 2 months ago. Its 5 inches without tail and 11 from tip to tip. I was wanting more opinions on what this little thing is exactly. Lol
103712-3228622098.jpg
103712-2660759841.jpg
103712-763877160.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Maybe a male but not sure- usually you cant tell till they around 6 months or so -- where did you get your little guy/ gal from?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Pet Smart--- can you please post pics of your tank and lighting --- I have a feeling we need to jump in here and see how they have your tank equipment---go to top of page click on User Image Uploader click down load pics- click reply at top of message box click on XIMG -- pics should post thank you
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
At top of this page click on User Image Uploader - down load pics click on reply at top of message box click on XIMG
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
In the task bar under beardeddragon.org -- it says Home to the far left and look over towards the right of page in same bar
Karrie

Condor93

Original Poster
In a 40 gal. Che, heat lamp, zilla slimline 18" t8 desert 50 uvb light. Plenty of stuff to climb, has a water and food dish, hammock, and a hide.. I did do my research before getting it, and have had reptiles before.

Condor93

Original Poster
On my phone it doesnt show it. I found the link thru a different post where the person had the same problem.
103712-5051409486.jpg
103712-5111607872.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Nice set up but that UVB light is doing your dragon no good--- its on top of screen and its not strong enough for the rays to get thru--- I would invest in the Reptisun 10 T5 or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14% T5 tube, both of which are very good. You will need a T 5 light fixture as well. We all recommend this on the forum -- there are other bulbs as well but I am not sure which ones are good ones --- here is what is posted on the enclosure board --Which UVB light should I use?
The best UVB light is a ReptiSun 10.0 fluorescent tube (Or Arcardia 12% in the UK). Compact or coil bulbs do not emit the proper amount of UVB light for a bearded dragon, and should not be used. Other brands, such as the Zilla Desert Series and ReptiGlo have been known to cause eye problems and other health issues with bearded dragons, and should be avoided. The reason that some UVB lights (Zilla, ReptiGlo, coils/compacts, ect.) are considered dangerous is because the wavelength of UVB that they emit is shorter and more intense than the wavelength of the "safe" lights --- just for your info--
Karrie

Condor93

Original Poster
Yea I got that light a few weeks ago and just found this page earlier today and was reading that. Thanks I'm looking into the other lights now. Wont be able to get it for a few days but should be ok for now.. would the reptisun 10.0 t5 fit in that fixture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom