Caring for a new mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oops212

One of my girls surprised me yesterday and laid a huge clutch. Besides digging shes been sleeping most of the day away, i ran out to get her crickets figuring she needed the extra food and protein powder. I fed her some of her favorites today as well but I'm not sure what else to do for her.

Some sites say heating pads under the tank but I was told those were a no no?

Some say daily baths? I gave her one last night but not today I just wanted her to relax.

Should I put her in her own tank? Away from the other bearded dragons. They keep staring at her and scratching at their tanks and making her scratch back in hers. So maybe a different room?

Any advice would be fantastic she just seems so sleepy and I'm not sure if I should offer her more.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah I'd probably keep her warmer for a bit. Maybe use a CHE overnight to get the tank temps into the high 70s or around 80. Offer her plenty of water by dripping it on her nose to lick up. Calcium rich foods are a good idea for a while too. Offer things like collard greens and turnip greens along with hydrating veges like squash.

Oops212

Original Poster
None of my beardies are drinkers Hahaha. I've been dripping water on her nose a few times a day hoping she takes it. And offering more food but shes not really interested only going after her favorites. Blueberries and maybe a few collard greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom