what price to sell babies and when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jendavis

I have a mating pair of citrus translucent beardies. She could lay eggs any day or within a couple of weeks. They have been separated, the laying box and incubator set up. The pair are a year old and this will be her first clutch. I have been reading and researching breeding but I don't expect everything to hatch but want to be prepared. I live in Michigan and do not know what selling price I should ask. I did leave my number with a local small pet store to see what they may offer. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Calgrim":92kz6dhv said:
Why would you breed trans to trans?
My first question would be ....why are you breeding them at a year old, they are not mature enough to breed yet. Everything I have researched points to 1 1/2 to 2 years old!!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Gormagon":317vtyok said:
Calgrim":317vtyok said:
Why would you breed trans to trans?
My first question would be ....why are you breeding them at a year old, they are not mature enough to breed yet. Everything I have researched points to 1 1/2 to 2 years old!!!

I agree …. extremely bad form
…. would you let 10 yr old humans breed ?

IF any of eggs hatch and you get ANY healthy hatchlings …. you are obligated to separate any who are not thriving to give them their best chance of survival , and to keep them ALL and rear them ALL til they are ALL feeding well (3 times per day on live insects ) and maybe nibbling some greens .

I know of NO good breeders who sell their hatchlings younger than 6 - 8 weeks old or allow their females to be mated if younger than 2 years old.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Jen, can you post pics of the adult dragons ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/

Do you know about the monthly Michigan reptile shows ? Here's a link :
https://www.michiganreptileshow.com/
You could inquire about a vendor table in the future if you get any healthy babies, and 6-8 weeks is a good age as long as the babies are thriving + growing.

It's really the size + health of the 1 year old female that dictates breeding readiness. Comparing it to a 10 year old child is so far off as to not be realistic at all. Breeding trans. to trans. may still be risky but many people don't know it. Sometimes the babies turn out O.K, other times not. Still, the O.P is here to ask for help and any advice /criticism could be given in a more constructive way.

I'm not advocating that everyone breed a 1 year old but if they are good size it poses no risk. A fat 2-3 year old can actually have more potential problems as the fat crowds the reproductive tract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom