Incubation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
My female just layed eggs and I had a question about incubation. I have a snake rack that's around 85 degrees, would it be possible to incubate the eggs in one of the bins? I don't currently have an incubator. I've had her for two years and she's never layed so this was very unexpected. They don't look very good either they're pretty dented but they're white and looks like there's a pink vein inside? The only reason I think they could possibly be fertile is because she and my male went at it 10 days ago. Sorry if this is a stupid question but better to ask, thanks for all your help!

As long as you have the eggs evenly distributed into bins (big enough for them to break out of when it’s time) with moistened vermiculite and lower it to 82 if possible (the 83-85 range is known to cause birth defects) that should be fine.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, can you post pics of the eggs , close ups included as well as how you have them set up ? And 85 is fine for incubating, never heard about it causing defects. Higher than 88 is getting to the trouble zone, but 78-85 is good.

That’ll work fine. If you want you can use some clear kitchen wrap instead of the shoebox cover, it’ll hold the humidity better inside the shoebox and you can see inside to check on the eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom