Eggs are bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsianKido

Hello, when my female layed her eggs the first time, a couple of her eggs were good but the rest were very small. I see that those weren’t fertile and had to throw them away. But the second time she layed her eggs, there was only one good egg and the rest were still small. I do give her calcium and all but I’m not sure what’s really wrong. The only thing that is weird is that the male won’t eat. Is she not proven to breed? And is the male sperm the reason why she can’t lay good eggs?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sometimes it is the male, but it could be unsuccessful mating, too. How old is your male ? Are both dragons getting good uvb ? Can you post pics of them both as well as the eggs ? Eggs can be small but still fertile.

AsianKido

Original Poster
AHBD":36haqdu1 said:
Sometimes it is the male, but it could be unsuccessful mating, too. How old is your male ? Are both dragons getting good uvb ? Can you post pics of them both as well as the eggs ? Eggs can be small but still fertile.
My female is 2 1/2 years and my male is 1 1/2 years old. They both get get uvb lights and heating lights. The small egg was from the second clutch.
91331-6852330412.jpg
91331-609247876.jpg
91331-6249200422.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The dragons look good, sound like they're healthy. Just didn't get mated completely for some reason.

AsianKido

Original Poster
AHBD":1y6ymk9z said:
The dragons look good, sound like they're healthy. Just didn't get mated completely for some reason.
What do you mean by “didn’t get mated completely?”

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That sometimes they go through all the motions but the male [ usually ] does not have success in fertilizing the eggs .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom