Male bearded dragon won't leave my female alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there I have a male and female dragon that have been housed together for a while untill few weeks back my female laid eggs after they had mated but now my partner as put them bot back together after a 2 week cooling of period for her after laying her eggs we noticed that today he had mated her while we wasn't watching but yet he keeps getting on her and mating her again what do I do? Please help

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

I Would separate them ASAP. The Female is most likely stressed and the male is probably over-breeding her and bullying her. Could You post some pictures of them and their setups? and the Eggs?

-HippieLizards.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Definitely separate them. In the wild she could get away + relax, but in this situation it's constant stress. Is she of good weight for egg laying ?

Kerry210685

Original Poster
Yes she's good weight and I've checked the eggs and there's about 9 to 10 that's fertile and I have separated them as he won't leave her alone and she looks like she aint happy about it tbh lol but everything's good now he's still trying to bob and jump around when he sees her but he carnt get to her

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
That's good. :) Did you incubate the eggs?

Kerry210685

Original Poster
Yes the eggs are in the incubator and look good but still have Afew weeks before they hatch so but both dragons are now in different vivs but he looks like he has monk on since we split them up and she looks happier for it

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
That's great! :D I hope the eggs turn out well! :)

Kerry210685

Original Poster
They getting bigger and have the red veins in them so all well soooo far and thanks. Also is it common for her to puff her beard out towards the male when hes outta his viv

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
As long as she can see him, it is stressful for her. Best to keep them out of each other's view.

Kerry210685

Original Poster
Been ages since I was on here but abit of an insight my baby's have hatched and we have 12 baby's fighting fit fast nippy little things so that's all good but we had some bad news today our female dragon Lizzy (the mum of the baby's) died today and I don't no why she was in brumation and I thought she was ok but noticed today that even when I picked her up she never flinched moved her mouth or nothing even when I placed her on her back nothing all her belly was sucked in dose anyone no what the cause was I'm really sad and missing her

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's very sad to hear =(. I wonder if she just never recovered from developing and laying the eggs. I'm glad to hear her babies are doing well.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
I'm Glad the eggs turned out well but That's so very sad to hear that Lizzy died! :eek: :cry: I Hope your male and the 12 babies will be ok. :) It could've been from stress. Especially the egg laying because it takes a huge toll on the females. :( May she rest in Peace.

Kerry210685

Original Poster
I'm thinking that maybe be it could be that as she never seemed to be right after laying the eggs didn't eat much and she never seemed to gain any weight she looked really skinny however baby's are fine but male seems abit down thinking maybe he's noticed she's not in her tank bless him

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
That probably is what happened, She most likely didn't recover well from the eggs and stress. :( and I Hope your male beardie will get happier. :) Hopefully your dragon is just trying to cope with the change and will be better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom