Male bearded dragon won't leave my female alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerry210685

Original Poster
Ive read that the first few weeks for babys are quite crucial and I've had 3 baby's outta the 12 die and I don't no why and now I have one baby who never seems to really eat and is really skinny compared to the rest what can I do to help him/her I don't want it to die

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Male and female must be separated IMMEDIATLEY …. best if they can't see each other except when one is out of his/her tank .
Cheap way to house them and the hatchlings separately is viewtopic.php?f=34&t=233480 - ESPECIALLY the one who is failing to thrive …. it will do MUCH BETTER in it's own tub.

I suspect the poor feeder is being picked on because it's born last and smaller than it's siblings …. it's OK to help this one by handfeeding it some of it's live insects : some comments here will help you select suitable high quality feeders : viewtopic.php?f=45&t=244111&p=1859195#p1859195 , at least this way you will know the little one will have some food each day.

IF she is a emaciated as you say …. photos of each please …. I think she'll benefit from syringe feeding using a high potency food substitute / supplement such as VETAFARM REPTILE CRITTA CARE ie https://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/vetafarm_critta_care_reptile , I've saved critically ill / injured rescued lizards using this 2x per day given dropwise by syringe .
See this for kit viewtopic.php?f=45&t=232687 and methods.

Kerry210685

Original Poster
My baby's seem fine however I have a question about two of them. It's come out and seems to be alive but has it's umbilical cord hanging outta it's belly or that's what it looks like what do I do also one egg the last to hatch as pierced it's egg but hasn't come out how long will it be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom