Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winkey11

My eggs are incubating it's day 37 and I see some eggs sweating out of a Trey with 8 eggs 3 were sweating. Will they hatch this early? My lid is not wet only eggs.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Some of them look like they're going bad. Is that dirt on them or mold ? What did she lay them in ? [ Soil, sand, ? ] I'm just trying to figure out what the dark spots are. BTW, no need to mark them like that, the eggs are moisture permeable and can absorb the ink.

One more thing, is the perlite too wet possibly or is it too dry ?

Winkey11

Original Poster
I didn't clean off eggs so it's old dirt and it's not molding and I see movement in side with flashlight

Winkey11

Original Poster
On her second clutch I put the eggs on a Trey with a rack egg holder and I didn't ink them . The first batch I did . I use vermiculite and perlite mix. And put enuff water in it and to were I can squeeze and no excess water comes out.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
As long as you see movement then just let them be if you're sure they're not too dry and not too wet. The earliest I ever had eggs hatch was around 47 days.

Winkey11

Original Poster
Well it's at 41 days and it started sweating on day 36 so it might not crack tell those later 40's. How long does it usually crack after sweating?

Winkey11

Original Poster
It looks like the eggs that were sweating that early are turning yellow and have a odor . So I separated it from the other 16 in that clutch . The 15 looks great and plumped up. It's day 53 and none of the others are sweating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom