Only Laid 3 Eggs; Weird liquid white?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliffsMom

67076-2257329542.jpg
67076-4251735336.jpg
Hi,
I did not know my female was gravid until I walked in on her Wednesday evening and saw 2 eggs on the ground that looked like peeled garlic. She had been doing the 4-legged scratch which I didn't clue into (I'm not breeding her). She didn't nest or anything; it seems she just lay them off her log. I gave her a bath and gave her some coconut husk that night and got her some soil Thursday.
She burrowed into the soil but didn't lay. She stayed there for 5 hours so I took her back out. She was still fussing but didn't want to go back in the soil; she kept trying to jump out the container. It's quite deep soil; maybe 7-8."
We found one more egg just on the floor of her tank Thursday. I can't feel anything in her belly, it's not swollen or distended, and she is active, running, playing, bright colours, not doing the 4-legged scratch, but she pooped what looks like egg white twice (in the picture) and we saw a flat white thing in her bath that looked like it could be an egg with nothing inside. She doesn't want her soil she just wants to play.
Not sure her exact age, about 3, and she laid 12 unfertilized eggs in April of last year (before she was with me). She had metabolic bone disease 2 homes ago (she was rescued, brought back to health, and then given to me) but the vet said there were no lasting health problems.
Do beardies lay just a couple eggs ever? It's been 4 days since she laid anything. Could she have reabsorbed some and not the others? Should I worry about egg binding?
67076-4251735336.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks like a messy urate to me so not necessarily a concern. There still may be some eggs yet to be produced but I'm not sure how to tell for sure without using an ultrasound to see them if they aren't apparent with a physical exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom