Thinking about breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
So its been in my mind for a while now, and I know it wont happen any time soon. Most likely not for a few years as my main focus is my tegu, getting a rack system and enough food to constantly support my own current family of reptiles, for the roach and cricket portion anyway.

As far as morphs go I know a fair bit about them. I somewhat want to get into breeding Weros however I am not exactly sure how healthy the offspring would be. I know most likely that if i got a male zero and bred it to Neptune, my female wiblit when shes older there wouldn't be any high chances of inbreeding most likely as I got her from a different breeder and i plan to get the zero male from gateway dragons this expo. Even if I dont breed, It would be cool to have a Zero, personally like the pattern-less morphs even there isn't many types of them.
I also may not even get that specific morph at the expo, it truly depends on which catches my eye first and their personality.

If I breed I'll probably breed Venus and Saturn first as I really want to see what they would produce.

So far these are my current beardies and their morphs.
Neptune - Female, Wiblit het trans.
Saturn - Male, Citrus hypo trans.
Venus - Female, Red. (Possibly het for something)
Im honestly not too sure what you'd label Venus as color morph wise.

89510-7089927131.jpg
She doesn't look like this 24/7 but usually in the early morning, running around outside her enclosure, or during/after a bath she does.
Inside her enclosure or when basking the blues are usually a blackish color, and rather than having that visible line of red its more blurred together and darker.
89510-9775329967.jpg
And then this is Saturn. (Slightly old pic, but he has been in burmation for around 4-5 months)
89510-5575364828.jpg

I suppose my four main questions are this,
How healthy are Wero offspring usually?
What color morph do you guys think Venus is?
How colorful do you think her offspring would be if bred to Saturn?
And do you guys think i should breed?

Of course this wont be any time soon not for at least 2-4 years or more and if I breed it wont be on a large scale. Im thinking about most likely giving each female that i have one year or more to cool down after breeding so they dont get stressed out by breeding at all and have a small break. After all these guys are basically family to me and I wouldn't want to over due it, I care greatly for their health.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I love Venus's colors, looks like a firetiger or rainbow tiger. She looks pretty hefty, what is her weight + length ?

As for the Zeros + Wero's , I don't know much about them . As soon as they were on the market in small numbers people jumped on them + tried to get their own group going so the genetics are probably not too diverse yet.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Last I checked she was around 480 grams and 17-18 inches from head to tail. I've been somewhat trying to get her to loose a bit of grams, limiting fatty foods, letting her run around my room a lot, and in baths i sometimes will raise the water a bit so she has to swim in some portions of the sink to get exercise.
Shes not big on salads and never really was. She gets around 15-20 crickets every other day.
I believe most of the reason for her being a bit chunky is because she went on a hunger strike once i moved her into a 50 gallon when she was around 6 months, so i tried some superworms and she gobbled them right up, ignored any other feeders for quite some time and in fear of starving her i kept giving her them up until around may last year when i finally got her onto crickets again.

I figured they were quite new since I havent exactly seen many photos or really anything on them other than if you put a zero and wiblits together you could get weros. Im guessing the parents would have to be het for each others morph to make a visual wero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom