Probably a stupid question but.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
but when a female starts laying eggs (without being introduced to a male ever) can I put a male in with her now?

Mine only laid ONE egg so far, an infertile one.

While she's done this (just overnight it appears) is it a good time to introduce a male ?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I would say that the time for that is over. Someone with more experience in this should say for sure.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Not now but what she needs ASAP is a laybox to lay her eggs. It's very important for her to lay all of her eggs uninterrupted and not be near a male dragon that will stress her badly. If you really want to breed her there are 2 threads at the top of this page dealing with breeding + egg laying. Once she has laid her eggs she can be with a male about 10-14 days after [ she will almost certainly develop another clutch soon], this giver her body a chance to regain weight + calcium levels. If she does not eat well she may need extra attention and definitely not be bred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom