Egg hatching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cozza

Ok i have a question
Correct me if im wrong but dose a bearded dragon soake up all its egg yoke then hatch? Is there a way to tell that all the yoke is soaked up and they will hatch soon ?

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
Wth some reptiles, some babies may come out immediately and while others will stay in the egg for a while longer to get the last of the nutrients from the egg.
I don't believe their is a way to see if a beardy has soaked up all the egg yolk. I think you can only tell if an egg is fertile using a flashlight.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
When a beardie egg is ready to hatch it usually begins to sweat a bit [ tiny drops of water form ] , then it collapses as the baby starts to break out. The yolk sac does nourish them and is usually absorbed before hatching but some babies DO hatch with a yolk sac attached, some fall off quickly, others can take a day or more and be the size of a pea. There's no way to tell while the dragon is in the egg if the yolk sac is absorbed though. And yes, you can shine a penlight on the egg while in a dark room and see the shape of the baby but not the actual yolk sac. If you do candle them be brief because the strong light can stress them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom