Egg Laying HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elise

So, surprise surprise: I just found out on Christmas Eve that Lewie is a female! She layed an egg that I assume was infertile (since the previous owner assumed she was a male, and it's impossible for her to have been around any other dragons, let alone males in the past year) After all the panicking and overall unpreparedness, I went by Home Depot today and got a 50 lbs bag of play sand, mixed with water, and put it in a plastic tub with Lewie inside. She's been digging around for more that five minutes, and she keeps bobbing her head at me, but I can't leave her alone since I have to hold the heat lamp above her. She just keeps digging but doesn't show signs of trying to lay eggs. I'm trying the best I can, but am I doing something wrong? Here are some pics if that helps:

94393-5921619027.jpg

94393-2290613982.jpg

94393-9583262964.jpg

94393-2225794825.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, what a surprise for you, huh ? Good job on getting the laybox made. I've used one just like that but with a bit more sand in it and put right in the enclosure. If you cut a hole in the lid it will make a nice cave -like box for her, like this.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30026/full

You might need to take a few things out of her tank to fit it in, but she should eventually use it to lay more eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom