My bearded dragon just mated

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible she will lay fertile eggs. I would look into setting up an incubator if you wish to hatch them.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
https://www.cuteness.com/article/hatch-bearded-dragon-eggs
this may help a bit possibly.

Also i would immediately separate your male from your female, he might stress her out too much and possibly kill her with that stress trying to breed over and over. After all beardies shouldn't be together in the first place as it also stress's them out even if both are female.

Hatching eggs is a big responsibility, from what ive heard they can have up to 6 clutches from one mating or so and 16-30 eggs each clutch though i believe first time layers generally have smaller clutches at first. It also costs a lot, after all if you decide to hatch them you need tanks for all of them or tubs and a rack system with uvb going over the tubs and setting up a heat source somehow. Which can cost a lot but the majority of the cost is feeding, babies eat 3 times a day, 10-20 bugs each feeding. And thats for every individual young beardie. So thats a lot of bugs each week.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Is that her laybox , and is that coco fiber ? If so, pile it up high in one corner and put a small box like a shoebox [ or a bit larger ] with one end cut out over the substrate to make a hill/cave.

DragoTheDragonII

Original Poster
Shes scratching at the glass but still refuses to dig. I'm getting really worried she may become egg bound. Shes been scratching for 5 days now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom