Leatherback/red Bearded Dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
He looks like a leatherback, i'm not sure about red since the markings look a bit orange but he might be red when hes older.

Jwayne8

Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":a7hj4k5h said:
He looks like a leatherback, i'm not sure about red since the markings look a bit orange but he might be red when hes older.

Yeah he def looks leatherback but I just wanted another opinion! So do you think his colors will come out more when he gets older? He has orange on his face to!

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah the colors will come in after each shed as he ages, my female had the same kind of patterning as he does when she was younger now that im looking back at some old photos, shes pretty red but has a lot of orange and a bit of blue/black bars on her sides when shes fired up.

Jwayne8

Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":3are6qb6 said:
Yeah the colors will come in after each shed as he ages, my female had the same kind of patterning as he does when she was younger now that im looking back at some old photos, shes pretty red but has a lot of orange and a bit of blue/black bars on her sides when shes fired up.

Is your girl a leatherback also? Do you have a picture of her before and now?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Shes not a leatherback but she had the same kind of patterning, only thing close i have to a leatherback is my male because he has a slight reducing to his scales but hes not technically a leatherback. I do indeed have pictures.. however her before picture is slightly poorly lighted because last October for a night i used a red heat lamp before quickly throwing it out once i learned that it could disrupt their sleep.
When I got her
89510-2215188430.jpg
And how she is now
89510-300986083.jpg
Funny thing that both pics are when she had shed on her head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom