Don't know if she's still gravid??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliffordandCleo

I know my beardie isn't fertilized but I am confused about her being gravid.
2 1/2 months ago she stopped eating and seemed to gain a ton of weight and the vet said she was developing follicles which might develop into eggs and might not. She still isn't eating very much at all - a couple of bites every couple of days - and she's gaining weight, but I can't feel anything like eggs. She hasn't dug in her box although she sometimes sleeps in it all day, just sitting on top. The last couple of times she's pooped (she's going once every 1-2 weeks now, since she really isn't eating) she's continued to really bear down after she's finished. Her poop looks completely normal and hydrated. She's clear-eyed and fairly active. She bops around her tank and play area and checks everything out and hangs out like normal. She spends most of her time under her basking light. All her temperatures are right, basking lights and UV lights are new, her dig box has soil although it gets pretty dry by the time I get home from work.

I don't feel any eggs, it's already been 2 1/2 months, she has not gotten her appetite back (she used to eat just ravenously, half a bunch of dandelion greens in one afternoon), and her behaviour is fairly normal. I don't know what egg binding looks like, but she does not look sick at all. Should I be worried??

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If she's active and still gaining weight that's a good sign. Perhaps the process is just taking a while and there are no issues. If you're concerned you could ask the vet to do an ultrasound and check the status of the eggs. If you have a dig box for her and are offering food and water on a regular schedule I don't know of much else for you to do on your end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom