I have a female dragon and rescuing a male dragon soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

browndm87

I need advice, I currently have a female normal leatherback named Petrie. I am rescuing a normal male bearded dragon from a friend of mine, hes coming out of a bad situation. I am wanting to know what I need to do if I have them out of their tanks at the same time to prevent jealousy but not planning on breeding them, but i know things happen. First question what do i do if they do breed and second question what do i need to do to prevent them from breeding? They will be in separate tanks when i get him. I like to be prepared cause my mind is always thinking of all possible things that could happen due to my anxiety. Please no bashing or harsh judgmental comments. Im just trying to learn and make sure I give my new rescue a good life as well as keeping my current girl happy.

Thanks for any advice!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad you're able to give him a happy home!! It's good that they will each have their own tanks and space. You might consider giving them individual time outside the tank too. It's not really worth the risk to allow them access to eachother so I'd plan two separate schedules if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom