Understanding Breeding - Het x ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDragon0

I have been doing a lot of research, and want to make sure I completely understand everything before even looking into purchasing future breeding stock. I have bred other reptiles for years, including Ball Pythons.

I am well aware that for Bearded Dragons, you don''t want to breed het x visual for zero, wits or weros and that completely makes sense to me.

However, outside of those morphs... what about in regular colors? As long as the lines are not closely related, there is nothing wrong with doing a visual x visual or visual x het pairing correct? For instance, if I have a red hypo trans, is there anything wrong with breeding to another red double het?

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a whole lot online of the in depth genetics so I am going off my experience with other reptiles here. The more knowledge you can share, the happier I will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom