Mountain Horned Dragon May be Gravid. Beginner With Eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazmarr

It's not bearded dragons but I thought I should ask anyway. Apologies if it's in the wrong section.
I have two mountain horned dragons, one male and one female.
I believe the female may be gravid since she is looking pretty round at the moment.
I've never hatched lizards before, but would like to try.
What do I need to incubate the eggs?
I had read that styrofoam/polystyrene boxes are good. I was given one by the aquatic shop but my parents said it was too big and I had to throw it away.
They said would a cooler be any good?
What size of a polystyrene/styrofoam box would you recommend?

What do I need to do? I know that once I set them up in damp vermiculite I should not turn them like chicken eggs.
What Kind of container is best to place the vermiculite and eggs into and how many per container?
Any help is appreciated.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, this is how I set up my beardie eggs . They're in a plastic shoe box with large holes drilled in the lid. I use vermiculite or sand/vermiculite mix.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29937/full

Do you know what temps. to use ? I know the M.H. dragons come from a cooler tropical place so I would think it's a lower incubation temp. Maybe in the 70's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom