Do females always cycle after mating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there all! I paired my beardies just over 3 weeks ago now and witnessed them copulating 3 times over 3 days. My female is gaining a bit of weight, about 10% of her body weight prior to mating, and her appetite has been fluctuating. I know you can't always palpate eggs or follicles, but as someone pretty confident in their palpation abilities, I feel nothing significant going on with her reproductively. So my question is this: do females always cycle and ovulate after mating? She was receptive to mating, and had recently come out of brummation, but I suppose post-brummation appetite could account for her increased weight. Is it possible for her to mate but for there to be no reproductive activity otherwise? And has this happened to anyone else? Thanks a lot for the help in advance!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She should be gravid but strange things can happen. If they mate + she doesn't develop eggs it would be from some lack on the male's part [ infertility ] Just be patient, there should eggs developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom