Male hypo tiger citrus x female citrus hypotrans het zero 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winkey11":sklw9mgj said:
Male hypo tiger citrus x female citrus hypotrans het zero 66%= ?? Will I get at least a 1 zero?

Nope. You may not even get a zero if you pair the female with a visual zero or het zero since she is only a 66% het zero

Winkey11":22v2ib5g said:
So what kind of breaded dragons will I get?

You would get hypo het trans hatchlings..... you cant even estimate if you will get any possible het zeros out of the clutch unless you prove that 66% possible het zero female out, to figure out if it actually carries the gene. The only way to do that is to pair her with a 100% het zero male or a visual zero male

Winkey11

Original Poster
Shadowfelldragons":m05ceah7 said:
Winkey11":m05ceah7 said:
So what kind of breaded dragons will I get?

You would get hypo het trans hatchlings..... you cant even estimate if you will get any possible het zeros out of the clutch unless you prove that 66% possible het zero female out, to figure out if it actually carries the gene. The only way to do that is to pair her with a 100% het zero male or a visual zero male
So 100% hypo and and the trans would be 100% het trans? Or 50% since the dad is just hypo and mom hypotrans? Also the mom has a visual strip will some of the babies have that feature?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Correct me if Im wrong but from my own research, if you were to breed these two the offspring would most likely be all visual Hypos and then most likely all het for trans, that is as long as the mother is visual for trans.

If she was not visual for trans and actually het for it then 50% of babies would be het for it and the other 50% would be normals and not carry the gene.

If she is truly het zero then 50% of the babies would be het zero and the other 50% would not carry the gene.

Genetics are a complicated thing and takes a while to actually understand it.

http://redhotchilidragons.com/morph-calculator-2/
May take a look at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom