Zero x het zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZERO

Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and a new beardie parent! I'm a long way from ever breeding my dragon but also curious about the genetics of them. Currently I have a hypo dunner het trans male but was wondering what if I bred him with a non visible het zero. Would the offspring be healthy because I've read that breeding 2 visuals could lead to unhealthy babies. I would appreciate any responses!

ZERO":3u63sd8q said:
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and a new beardie parent! I'm a long way from ever breeding my dragon but also curious about the genetics of them. Currently I have a hypo dunner het trans male but was wondering what if I bred him with a non visible het zero. Would the offspring be healthy because I've read that breeding 2 visuals could lead to unhealthy babies. I would appreciate any responses!

Visual x het pairing are not optimal and don't produce the ideal genetic structure for the offspring but can be done, and I've seen quite a few people do it with ok results. But the main thing about it is that a lot of people won't even buy a morph that isn't produced from het x het pairings. A great book to look into regarding genetics is called "genetics for herpers", I recommend reading this 2x before even thinking about breeding :). Although it won't tell you specifically about dragon genetics and breeding, it will give you a very sound understanding of all reptile genetics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom