Found out that I have 1 male 1 female not 2 female plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gtxollie1

I have found out that 1 of my two bearded dragons is a male. They are both 9 months old and he has started trying to breed. Head bobbing black bearding and that. I am currently waiting for a tank for him but can't separate them till it arrives and it could be up to 3 weeks. Is there a way to stop him wanting to breed? Is there a way to tell if they have bred? What do I do i dont want to give him up? Please help !!! Thanku

LewisBD

Hatchling Member
Gtxollie1":2rzuotdu said:
I have found out that 1 of my two bearded dragons is a male. They are both 9 months old and he has started trying to breed. Head bobbing black bearding and that. I am currently waiting for a tank for him but can't separate them till it arrives and it could be up to 3 weeks. Is there a way to stop him wanting to breed? Is there a way to tell if they have bred? What do I do i dont want to give him up? Please help !!! Thanku

Get a plastic tote bin, make sure you provide adequate UVB and basking lights and keep him in that temporarily until you get his new cage. Get the bin asap, if you don't want any beardie hatchlings. The female is too young to actually want to breed right now, but to be safe separate them anyways because the male might try to hurt the female to do the do with her.

Gtxollie1

Original Poster
Would it be possible to put the bin inside the tank and leave it as I have a bin which fits that I currently use for when he shows signs I'll pop him in for 10 - 20 mins? Thank you for the advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom