Zero's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of pure curiosity, not that i myself am a breeder at all however i love dragons and i find their morphs and genetics behind them. This being said can someone shed some light on how to produce a zero? What pairing of genetics would get u visable zero babys??

Chanza

Hatchling Member
I have heard you have to continually keep paring het hypos to get the staright out zero gene, but it is very hard and takes quite alot of lineage to get there. They are also quite a new morph so not much is known about them. Some just buy zeros and breed them in with normals to produce them.

Edjimprosec

Original Poster
That honestly makes alot of sense. But now that brings me to another question. If you get a dragon or a pair of dragons that are 100% het zero because wuite a few breeders have them for cheap. Could you possible produce visual zeros from 1 or 2 100% het zeros?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
This might be chasing a rabbit but, when are we as humans, going to quit playing god? The breeding practices that breeders use have inadvertently destroyed the the pure genetics in captive dragons. Now we have sick dragons when they are sold, adenovirus(sp) and, nervous disorders. Yes, some of these morphs are quite stunning but, at what cost? We need to step back and, see the big picture! Just my two cents!

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Gormagon":2qrcsqfs said:
This might be chasing a rabbit but, when are we as humans, going to quit playing god? The breeding practices that breeders use have inadvertently destroyed the the pure genetics in captive dragons. Now we have sick dragons when they are sold, adenovirus(sp) and, nervous disorders. Yes, some of these morphs are quite stunning but, at what cost? We need to step back and, see the big picture! Just my two cents!

Yeah, TBH, I have to agree with you. As much as I love the 'beautiful' morphs, we humans shouldn't be deciding what colors animals should be. They should be breeding the most healthy dragons, not the prettiest.

Edjimprosec

Original Poster
I agree with you guys but honestly alot of these morphs have been worked with for a long time as will the new one when they come around and in my oppinion from what i can see most of the morphs now have been bred in and out so many times you'de be suprised just how strong these dragons are coming out now. I totally understand what you are saying and i do share the same concern about their health abd it is indeed sad to see a sick dragon do to as you say "playing god" but ill b totally honest with you maybe i cane into this game a little late but i have never seen a sick dragon or a weaker dragon or a dragon not make it to general life span for a beardie do to its morph. Ive also never seen a dragon that was so "nervous" that i could not put the time, effort and love into building trust and Growing a relationship with them regardless of morphs. I cant speak on zeros but from what ive seen up to witblits. Now adays all the exotics seem to be the new "normals" because it so hard to find norms now. But that being said the exotics are proving to be stronger n stronger everyday. So im not dismissing your oppinion, as a matter as fact i agree with u.. to an extent.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
What I meant by nervous disorders was, neurological disorders, I just couldn't come up with the word last night. Ya, ya, I know..... Duhhhh!!!!

Edjimprosec

Original Poster
Oh i see what you meant. But still whats amazing is when a new morph is discovered if bred responsibly breeders actually help to strengthen the next generations of those morphs and they just get better and better over time especially health wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom