Help please egg incubation question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi so I bred my jumbo yellow phantom stripe triple het. Wits,trans,hypo male to my double het. Trans and hypo female .
These eggs have been in for a good 62 or 63 days at 82° to 83° and we are kinda of worried because of the od colors almost like speckled yellow but the egg is white also some eggs are developing clear spots on the them but there never been a trace of calcium issue before so we're baffled about this little issue considering were really exited
P.s I included the morphs for possible incubation issue in terms of genetics like wits and trans are known for.

mfaith31

I don't believe I have a solution to your questions but I do have a couple inquiries for you if you don't mind.

Do small clear spots signify a calcium issue and/or could they be caused by something else?

Also, what to you incubate your eggs in? I've never used anything but moss with a small amount of sand mixed in as it appears to deter mold (likely the bleach in the sand). Normally they go at 82 - 82.5 degrees from day one to hatching and take almost exactly 90 - 95 days with no misting, mold, or anything. They do spot and stain a little (perhaps what you are speaking of?) but all seem to hatch fat and healthy with little to no yolks and do just fine (at least while under my care for up to 12 weeks). I do acknowledge, however, mine might not be the best method.

Here's what I have: A female that I was told was a rare morph (not much color...at all...pretty much just black/gray and white) and a micro-scale dragon with vivid yellow and purple colors. But, since most of my dragons are rescues I've never really considered their morphs. Honestly, I only breed because my dragons act crazy all summer unless they get "that" out of the way once they woken from their winter nap. lol. However, if morphs make a difference in breeding and incubation practices, I'd truly be ever so grateful for any advice you might have.

I can post pics somewhere if you are willing to advise me. If not...sorry to interpret your post. I hope you find the answer you are looking for. :)

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
The less opaque areas could be due to the shell stretching. What is your incubation medium, and how damp is it? Not sure what the spotting might be, doesn't sound like mold.
If the eggs are still good you'll know very soon (probably any day).

Dragontamer45

Original Poster
Rankins":27aanigu said:
The less opaque areas could be due to the shell stretching. What is your incubation medium, and how damp is it? Not sure what the spotting might be, doesn't sound like mold.
If the eggs are still good you'll know very soon (probably any day).

Half vermiculite and half perlite the medium is damp but not dripping. One of the eggs is sweating and one was but had a alittle and stopped idk but they are still white and plump we have still at 82.5° so I'm not sure I've seen people have there's hatch quick but I guess because of the low temp I'm on God's longer wait list lol. The eggs have shown no signs of any perishes in the incubator two are forming somewhat odd shapes for example a bulging sort of effect on the egg. Curious as it may be I took the egg for a emergency candle but with the light not beeming in the egg it to allowed me to glimpse a tail that look almost fully mature. Some eggs differ in size some larger than others while all retaining a round shape. At this point I appear to rambling so ill hopefully i receive some intrigued information on the situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom