Deflated eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britmariecw

My beardie laid her first clutch of 16 eggs, also my first, about 7 days ago. All the eggs are deflated and I don't know if they are all bad or not. I candled 4 of them and found the embryo and veins in all 4. The incubator temp is at a steady 86°f and the humidity is around 71%. I placed cups of water in the incubator on the 3rd days to raise the humidity because it was too low.

I checked all the eggs and there is no mold and none are broken are leaking yellow. Any advice?!

Britmariecw

Original Poster
92506-1040980900.jpg

I'm using hatch rite over vermiculite because that was what the guy at the pet store recommended and it doesn't require water to be added to it but I was told to put in cups of water to raise the humidity because it was too low. I have been addi a little water to the substrate itself, not putting it directly on the egg, but it hasn't seem to be helping.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So are you sure that your dragons mated ? Those are either infertile or they need water in with the hatchrite. I knew another breeder that used that stuff + had to add water. Placing cups of water will do nothing, it can not help dried eggs. The water has to be in the substrate. I've always used vermiculite or sand/vermiculite mix with a nearly 100 % hatch rate over many years of raising babies. Here's how I set mine up, and kept them in an old refrig turned incubator with a temp. of around 84 F , only added water to the substrate [ very carefully ] if it dried out r any eggs looked slightly indented. Never kept any water at all in the incubator.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29884/full

Britmariecw

Original Poster
Ok thank you I will try that and yes I'm pretty sure they mated. I candled the eggs and saw veins inside of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom