Eggs have yellow lump on outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgragg14

Hey guys, beardie(s) owner for 4 years, first time on site (posting :D)

About a week ago my female laid her eggs (she mated) and went to check on the vermiculite the eggs are in and noticed an odor coming out of it.

There are 2 eggs I'm not quite sure on. One of them has 2-3 lumps of yellow on outside, another is a very small bump of yellow.

Is this the yolk? And if so, should I remove and freeze/discard them for safety of others?

Sure appreciate any help and advice of what to do. Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, can you post close up pics ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload pics to your post

Sometimes the dragon accidentally puts a minor scratch/pinhole in the egg with her claws as she maneuvers them or when she covering them. Then a little bit will leak out ....that's probably what happened. If they smell get them out right away, they are not alive now. If you're in doubt you can just toss them in a small plastic bag with a bit of water, they can not survive being wet so there's no need to freeze them at all.

jgragg14

Original Poster
Yes they smell pungent. Don't have a way to get a pic atm. Thank you so much for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom