Female just layed eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, some backstory. I put my male and female together a few weeks ago, but as far as I know the mating wasn't successful. A few days ago my female started digging in her cage, so I made a lay box for her, just in case. A hour ago or so I found three eggs, and was surprised to find them fertile(I candled them) I have no incubator for the eggs, just a light on them right now. It looks like she might lay more soon. The nearest place to get a incubator is closed, and I need a way to keep them warm through the night. Please help! :shock:
UPDATE: One of the eggs has a little dimple in it, and when I touched it, it felt soft. I read up online and people said they meant the egg in infertile, even though all the eggs had veins in them.

PoezDad

Sorry this is a little late. But when my dragon laid eggs and I didn't have an incubator I put them inside of a tupperware dish with a few holes poked in the lid and some wet paper towel inside until I was able to get an incubator.

Sierradragon

Original Poster
I got a incubator running, and it's been a few days since she laid the first 3. I can still feel more in her, and when i've put her in a lay box, she doesn't lay any more. I read it takes a week for a female to lay her first clutch, so should I be worrying about her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom