How do I make sure my babies go to good homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 26 baby bearded dragons and I was wondering what is the best way to insure that they go to good homes? I have a pet shop that wants to buy 10 of them when they are ready, but the last time I was in there to buy crickets they had no lighting in any of their reptile cages. They said they were cleaning and temporarily turned them off, but that doesn't sound right to me. Now I'm not sure that I want to sell to them. I want my babies to go to good homes. Any advice would be appreciated.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
I use to do brief interviews with potential owners. But that's when bearded dragons cost $150+ so it was easy to assume the people would take care of them.
Now you can find baby dragons for as little as $10 each it's hard to find them homes. All you can really do is try to screen the owners and provide them with some care pages on how to house and care for them properly. Make sure they know you are always available to answer questions and help anytime they need it.

Debsdragons123

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. I will be sure I print some care sheets and ask some questions. I'll keep the babies for at least 6 weeks. They are 3 weeks now and growing nicely. That way they will at least have a good start. :)

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
That sounds like a good plan. I use to wait about a month unless the person had experience with young reptiles. Sounds like youll probably do good at finding them caring homes. I usually never sold any dragons to anyone under 18 y/o either. I'm not saying younger people won't take care of a dragon properly...it just made me feel better knowing that the person could afford to feed and house one without relying on their parents. If I met the parents...they would have to buy the dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom