Making Weros - breeding visible to visible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Origami

So I am completely new to beardie genetics - long term snake person - familiar with reptile genetics... hets.... pairing percentages... ect I have been doing bearded dragon specific genetic research.

I have been reading up on breeding Zeros and Witblits that breeding het to het is best due to healthier genetics from het to het pairing.

What about Weros though? Are people breeding visible to visible and still producing a genetically healthy animals?

I am still quite a ways from breeding, still learning and researching I just can't find any info on Weros.

I am buying a Female Leatherback Hypo Zero 100% Het Trans and a Male Leatherback Hypo Wits 100% Het Trans. I am buying them to be pets however they are from reputable sources bred het to het... ect with good body formation... ect all over would make good breeder. I had no plans on making any Zeros or Witblits because I didn't want to compromise genetics, however breeding Weros has peeked my interest. They are pretty awesome looking too!

as weros carry both the zero and wiltblit genes visual to visual is not advised even in weros the two genes are still separate so they carry both zero and whiblit recessive genes the two dragons you have mentioned a Female Leatherback Hypo Zero 100% Het Trans and a Male Leatherback Hypo Wits 100% Het Trans would produce .... hypo trans het wits het zero dragons Half of clutch will be Leatherback
Quarter of clutch will be Silkbacks and a Quarter of clutch will be Normal :D

Origami

Original Poster
Since making this post I have learned a TON! lol.

Breeding a visible zero to a visible wits will make 100% het zeros and 100% het Wits so essentially 100% het weros. They will not make visible zeros/wits/weros.

Origami

Original Poster
There are three ways. Only only healthy way.

1) You breed two double hets together. So breeding two dragon that are both het zero/wits "het weros" will make wero offspring.

2) breeding a visible zero het wit to a visible wit het zero will also make weros.

3) breeding two weros will make more weros.

Option 2 and 3 will create genetically weak offspring, especially option 3. So only option 1 is acceptable.

CFantaShu

I see.
So then you need 2 pairs then!
2 visual wit and 2 visual zeros, then mix the offspring that are unrelated?

My understanding is no inbreeds for beardies...
Thanks for explaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom