12 month Bearded dragon laying eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELopez17

I've had this bearded dragon since she was 3 months old. She has been housed with another female(I know a lot of people say not too but I've done it before and it was just fine as well as the breeder) she kept going in the hide and digging in there. I went to clean the tank and noticed many eggs in the hide. My question is whether they are infertile or not. The other bearded dragon has shown aggressive(head bobbing and a bite one time, we did separate them for a while before putting them back together) but I checked and the breeder checked that it is a female. I will post pics once I figure out so please let me know if you think there fertile or no

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Please do post pics, and post pics of the other female here with it's tail arched up in the air, I can tell you what it is. You can use the info on the side bar about posting pics or use Photo bucket or similar site for your photos here.

ELopez17

Original Poster
87962-5774552803.jpg
87962-8858474586.jpg

Took the best pics I could. Based on what I'm reading the eggs aren't fertile based on how they look but it's hard to see in the pic.another thing to add about the other female. A few months back we took in a sick bearded dragon for a couple momths and brought it back to health and gave it to a friend. It was a male in a seperate tank but they could see each other from there tanks. The male head bobbed while the female only arm waved at the male and never showed any aggression towards it. Don't know if that means anything but thought it could help. I am currently keeping the eggs warm just in case just so you know

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The dragon looks like a possible male. Take the same pic with a light shining from behind you at the vent area and the tail arched back a bit more. If it IS a male, most of the eggs are probably fertile....most of them look plump. Sometimes infertie eggs can look plump like they're fertile but most of them usually look floppy, like half filled water balloons. If the eggs are looking fertile, set them up in a plastic shoe box with damp vermiculite about 3" deep [ from gardening center ] or a mix of plain store bought topsoil mixed with play sand if you can't get vermiculite. Here's how I set my eggs up ...I used my finger to make an indent for each egg to set in so they're about hafway buried in their little spot.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29884/full

ELopez17

Original Poster
Thanks for the help. But some good news, I talked to the breeder and she checked again yesterday and confirmed it is a female. I kept the eggs in the box like you said and I checked the eggs this morning and none of them looked plump today, meaning they aren't fertile. i had her take a look at the eggs to and she says they aren't fertile

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It still looks like a male from that pic, is your friend an experienced breeder ? I just want to make sure for you and I may be wrong the pic just makes it look male there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom