question about my eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

argolupin

Hatchling Member
ok so the female beardie I took in 3 weeks ago laid her eggs on my dogs birthday (Monday). There were 21 but two accidently got busted by me when I was moving them to my homemade incubator. Some of the shells seem very thin even though I gave her calcium 4 days a week and fed veggies high in calcium. she also has a brand new uvb light. Some of the eggs look yellowish and there is a sort of "musty" smell in the incubator. it is set at 83 degrees and the humidity is at 85%. any ideas. three of the eggs looked to be dented in this am and I added some water to the substrate (I had eco earth on hand and mixed that with some sand and vermiculite which I found in a few places works for some people) any ideas. I know that this girl has been bred as she was living in the same cage as a male for 2 years before I got her (she is 2 now). I am hoping that these are duds but am incubating just in case. Any help would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom