Male or Female?

Discuss breeding topics here.

Male or Female?

Postby Chelsea » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:50 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

I am having the hardest time figuring out what s/he is. The breeder said this was a female, but now that I am starting to see two buldges, I'm not so sure anymore. You can barely see the buldges, so could it just be female?

Chelsea
Hatchling Poster

Re: Male or Female?

Postby TheWerewolf » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:02 pm

To me the dragon looks too young to tell. Wait a week or so. :)
"There's nothing you can say that will take me away from this life. There's nothing you can do to shut me up when I'm speaking the truth." Kutless, from their song, Shut Me Out.
True Love Is Sacrifice. Just read John 3:16 and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Proud slave of: 1 Bearded Dragon, 6 Cockatiels and half owner of 1 Green-Cheeked Conure.
R.I.P. Pikachu (12/2/10) to (10/16/12)
TheWerewolf
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Chelsea » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:16 pm

Yeah. She must be one of the harder ones to tell haha. She's 9 weeks I'm surprised she's not bigger than this.
Chelsea
Hatchling Poster

Postby Maxwellsmomma1989 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:45 am

i can almost see the male pores developing wait a little longer because it could just be the camera but these big pores will develop on the inside of the back legs if you have a boy or wait a year if it dont hatch eggs you have a boy
Maxwellsmomma1989
Hatchling Poster

Postby Chelsea » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Lol yeah I lifted up his tail today and the pores have gotten a little bigger and those two buldges aren't even mistakeable anymore. He also has a bump in the middle like a female though, do some males have that?
Chelsea
Hatchling Poster

Postby TheWerewolf » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:13 pm

Chelsea wrote:Lol yeah I lifted up his tail today and the pores have gotten a little bigger and those two buldges aren't even mistakeable anymore. He also has a bump in the middle like a female though, do some males have that?

Females do have pores. And you don't sex dragons using their pores because they are hard to use as a marker. You use the tail bumps. And if you see one bump that means girl. Two bumps mean boy. Regardless of the pores. :) Here is sexing help. http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/sexing/ Hope this helps! :D
"There's nothing you can say that will take me away from this life. There's nothing you can do to shut me up when I'm speaking the truth." Kutless, from their song, Shut Me Out.
True Love Is Sacrifice. Just read John 3:16 and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Proud slave of: 1 Bearded Dragon, 6 Cockatiels and half owner of 1 Green-Cheeked Conure.
R.I.P. Pikachu (12/2/10) to (10/16/12)
TheWerewolf
Gray-bearded Poster

Return to Breeding