egg laying female, 2nd round? what soil to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum. Rosie laid about 22 eggs about 3 weeks ago. She's had a better appetite this spring then she's ever had, even as a baby/juvie beardie. The first egg laying go round was unexpected as the eggs were found in our bed when we were going to put them in their tank. I'm wanting to get ideas of what soil to use to get a lay box ready for her next go round. I feel we have time because she's not going nuts trying to get outside yet, which she did the month or so before laying the eggs the first time.
I can't help worrying that I won't get it right and she'll have physical problems. I know I may be worrying for nothing but I can't help it.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I have one from Deb (canada) about using sterile potting soil with no fertilizer in it abut I'm not sure it can be found locally and I don't know if it's necessary to get something special or what's the best to get. We have a lot of dirt outside as we live in a AZ suburb with more dirt than concrete, but said dirt tends to be hard in most places, we do have sand nearby that we can get to mix with the dirt.

Moist potting/top soil and sand mix here.
Anything along these lines as long as they can dig a hole and lay it really doesn’t matter a whole lot. Yes I would avoid anything with added fertilizers ect, just makes sense.

edit: the MIX just makes for easier digging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom