do bearded dragons mate all year round?

Discuss breeding topics here.

do bearded dragons mate all year round?

Postby curtbone123 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:23 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

the title says it itself :P
curtbone123
Juvie Poster

Re: do bearded dragons mate all year round?

Postby curtbone123 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:43 pm

curtbone123 wrote:the title says it itself :P

come on 23 views nobody know nothing? :P come on people help me out here! this is all i want to know
curtbone123
Juvie Poster

Postby catUK » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:19 am

If given the opportunity i.e. housed together, which is not a good thing as we know, males will mate with females all the time- this can be very bad for a female's health and of course fighting will occur. Having too many clutches too often will shorten the lifespan of the reptile.
catUK
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby TheWolfmanTom » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:50 am

Ok Curt
Dragons can mate at anytime of the year. Knowing your animals well will help in determining the when.
At the top of the page is a tool called SEARCH. It is a wonderful website feature and can answer quite a few questions quickly and easily.

Having just gotten your dragon and considering the types of questions asked so far, I honestly recommend the thoughts of breeding can wait for some time.
TheWolfmanTom
Extreme Poster

Postby curtbone123 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:28 am

TheWolfmanTom wrote:Ok Curt
Dragons can mate at anytime of the year. Knowing your animals well will help in determining the when.
At the top of the page is a tool called SEARCH. It is a wonderful website feature and can answer quite a few questions quickly and easily.

Having just gotten your dragon and considering the types of questions asked so far, I honestly recommend the thoughts of breeding can wait for some time.

yea your right im not thinking about breeding now but like in the future because i really wanna become a bearded dragon breeder like you :D but i defineley got a while to go to breed my female any way she to small but thanks ima use that search tool at the top i never used it :P
curtbone123
Juvie Poster

Postby curtbone123 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:33 am

catUK wrote:If given the opportunity i.e. housed together, which is not a good thing as we know, males will mate with females all the time- this can be very bad for a female's health and of course fighting will occur. Having too many clutches too often will shorten the lifespan of the reptile.

i know all that i just wanna know do they mate all year round? :P but thats ok wolfmantom already told me thanks :)
curtbone123
Juvie Poster

Postby DeweysMom » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:45 am

Do you mind my asking why you want to breed in the future?
DeweysMom
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby curtbone123 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:11 pm

DeweysMom wrote:Do you mind my asking why you want to breed in the future?

well ill tell you ima make a long story short :) i want to become a bearded dragon breeder because i just love bearded dragons i love the colors they have and how social they are with people very active and everything im not all in for the money i dont care much for that all i want is to be around bearded dragons breed new morphs something like that and when i get a few hachlings here and there ima sell them for a reasonable price cuz like i said im not all in for the money now if i need money to feed them and equipment things like that then thats when the only time i willl raise the prices up you know for the vet bill and things like that but most of all i just love them i want to have a bond with them! :mrgreen:
curtbone123
Juvie Poster

Postby DeweysMom » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Thanks for answering. It was just a curious question. I do agree with Tom though. A LOT of research will need to be done before you (or anyone for that matter) seriously considers breeding. It's a huge job to take and it's not only physically demanding, but financially and I would assume mentally demanding as well.
DeweysMom
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby curtbone123 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:57 pm

DeweysMom wrote:Thanks for answering. It was just a curious question. I do agree with Tom though. A LOT of research will need to be done before you (or anyone for that matter) seriously considers breeding. It's a huge job to take and it's not only physically demanding, but financially and I would assume mentally demanding as well.

yea i already know about all that im prepared for it thats why i been started like months ago planning for this :D
curtbone123
Juvie Poster

Return to Breeding