Is this egg dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wurmbly

My beardie Greta just recently laid 7 eggs on the 4th of July. 4 of the 7 are 100% fertile but I think the other 3 are duds. Today I was out running errands nearly all day and when I got back today, I saw she had laid another egg in her tank, on the tile. The egg very clearly has a red splotch and vein webbing so I know it was fertile. I immediately put it in my incubator with the other eggs, which are doing wonderful by the way. I left it for a couple hours but when I checked recently I noticed the egg was dimpled and beginning to turn slightly yellow. Is the egg dead or should I leave it for a while longer to see if it can recover? I have an image but I’m not sure how to attach it here unfortunately.

wurmbly

Original Poster
the first image is from yesterday and the second is from a couple minutes ago. The dimpling looks much less severe but I’m still a little worried.
111541-5311181298.jpg
111541-4217358790.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks OK as far as I can tell, but I have little experience with them. Have there been any additional changes over the last few days?

wurmbly

Original Poster
Unfortunately that egg did end up rotting :( all the others are looking very healthy still at least

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's too bad =(. Hopefully the other ones will produce happy and healthy little dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom