Is this egg dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wurmbly

My beardie Greta just recently laid 7 eggs on the 4th of July. 4 of the 7 are 100% fertile but I think the other 3 are duds. Today I was out running errands nearly all day and when I got back today, I saw she had laid another egg in her tank, on the tile. The egg very clearly has a red splotch and vein webbing so I know it was fertile. I immediately put it in my incubator with the other eggs, which are doing wonderful by the way. I left it for a couple hours but when I checked recently I noticed the egg was dimpled and beginning to turn slightly yellow. Is the egg dead or should I leave it for a while longer to see if it can recover? I have an image but I’m not sure how to attach it here unfortunately.

wurmbly

Original Poster
the first image is from yesterday and the second is from a couple minutes ago. The dimpling looks much less severe but I’m still a little worried.
111541-5311181298.jpg
111541-4217358790.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks OK as far as I can tell, but I have little experience with them. Have there been any additional changes over the last few days?

wurmbly

Original Poster
Unfortunately that egg did end up rotting :( all the others are looking very healthy still at least

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's too bad =(. Hopefully the other ones will produce happy and healthy little dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom