Eggs sweating! Day 45 though?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoe11032

Hi all- I have 33 beardie eggs *yes, all from the same clutch*! Mom is doing great. However, I have two bins in my female temp leopard gecko incubator at around 84 degrees, they’re not sweating as of now. The male leopard gecko incubator is where the story gets interesting. I ran out of space in the female leopard gecko incubator, so I had to put the rest of the beardie eggs in there. I’m new to breeding, so I thought high temps wouldn’t be a terrible thing. However, now I’m hearing temps above 85 can be fatal. I’m at day 45 and they’re sweating. The male incubator with the ones sweating are at 87 degrees F. Should I be worried with this high of temp? The eggs all still look fine, no mold or denting, just the sweat droplets. I looked all around for condensation from the lid but there’s no way. Thanks in advance for your help!!

zoe11032

Original Poster
Here are the photos!!

JgssfeC.jpg

6jeg6ro.jpg

yDlSMON.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, the eggs look very good + plump . :) Sweating doesn't always mean they're ready to hatch but it definitely is possible for them to hatch early. Your temp. is fine, no problem at all at 87 F.

zoe11032

Original Poster
I have terrible news. I’m absolutely disappointed and gutted. On Friday night, I went to check the eggs in the incubator. It’s the reptibator model. (The green foam one). They have been fine for 45 days, absolutely no issue. While I was gone for about 3 hours at dinner, somehow the temps skyrocketed to 145 F. I couldn’t even look in there, I was so terrified. I saw the eggs dented and starting to melt actually. It was the saddest thing I have ever experienced.... an entire years worth of beardie and leopard gecko breeding down the drain. I do however still have some eggs in my hovabator (controlled by external thermostat) which are thriving. I’ll keep you posted on the beardies that are in the other incubator. I’m still so upset...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh wow, that's terrible......very disappointing for you ! Can you get a refund for it ? If you need to you could always incubate eggs right in your dragon's tank if you set them up where the dragon can't get at them. How many do you have left in the Hovabator ? Is this your first time breeding ?

zoe11032

Original Poster
I’m hoping to get a refund. The eggs are no good now sadly, but I am so happy she’s gravid again. I have another incubator on standby that’s been running perfectly. I have 8 left in the hovabator. No it’s not my first time breeding. I’ve taken a break but I’m back now, it’s been about 3+ years. :)

zoe11032

Original Poster
So from the same clutch of the ones that the incubator failed, in the otheri incubator that didn't fail (1/3 of that clutch)... they are sweating too. The same temp as the one that failed was supposed to be (85F)... does this appear to be sweating? i couldn't find any condensation on the lid!! My container has 3 holes in it. maybe we'll have babies in a few days? on day 50
q6R3pFG.jpg

gDYajw8.jpg

zoe11032

Original Poster
So.... the same female that laid that clutch is gravid again!! I put her in the lay box a couple days ago, and Im thinking it'll be tonight or tomorrow night. She's huge, almost bigger than last clutch! She laid 33 last time... how many do you all think? She's so massive! :shock:

30PTaDI.jpg

zoe11032

Original Poster
Sorry for the late update... I've been so busy studying for my veterinary tech class! She ended up laying 24 eggs on Father's day, around 4pm. She usually lays a large clutch, but this was a bit small for her. However I'm not complaining! There was not one single infertile egg! I'm so proud of her. She is a citrus and dad is a normal. :lol:

EF3BYRS.jpg

WPw9cs5.jpg

Bsbl1991

zoe11032":iue30l6m said:
Sorry for the late update... I've been so busy studying for my veterinary tech class! She ended up laying 24 eggs on Father's day, around 4pm. She usually lays a large clutch, but this was a bit small for her. However I'm not complaining! There was not one single infertile egg! I'm so proud of her. She is a citrus and dad is a normal. :lol:

EF3BYRS.jpg

WPw9cs5.jpg

Wow more eggs! I'm so glad after that loss you had a few months back. Maybe I'll try breeding eventually but as of now I just try to take in dragons I see that need a better home. What do you do with the baby beardies once they hatch? Did the 8 you had left from the last clutch ever hatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom