A week of laying behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peaches25

So I am a first time bearded dragon owner. My girl peaches is now around 2 and a half and I was confused why all of a sudden she was glass surfing all the time, had stopped eating and was trying to dig around her enclosure.

After some google I am now certain she has been gravid and I didn’t even know! Unfortunately this means I have not given any extra calcium nutrients etc.

The laying behaviour has been around for about a week now, I went out and made a lay box and tried her in it for the first time today and she seemed uninterested in digging in it at all.

How long before I should be worried about her being egg bound.

Her mood overall now is still good, lots of energy and bright eyed. She stopped eating 3 days ago as well but was eating for a few days still when the behaviour started.

I have an appointment for her on the 22nd of May but I’m worried that’s too far away.

I just want someone to tell me it’s going to be ok. I hate to see her so stressed and not be sure what’s normal and what’s not.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes the egg laying can take a while to complete, so I wouldn't be too worried. She is active and alert so that's a good sign. Keep giving her some time in the dig box and get a small tunnel started for her and see how that goes.

Peaches25

Original Poster
CooperDragon":21qu7shz said:
Sometimes the egg laying can take a while to complete, so I wouldn't be too worried. She is active and alert so that's a good sign. Keep giving her some time in the dig box and get a small tunnel started for her and see how that goes.

Ok thank you so much. Just a brand new owner doing this for the first time, want to make sure everything is a okay :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom