Help Identifying Bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGorehound

My dear Cecil recently passed away due to a freak stroke, and I never got the chance to have his morph properly identified. I'd love to find another beardy like him, He was so unique in both his looks and personality. I found him at a local pet store that bred them in house, however I it was over a year ago and they no longer have the breeding pair they used.

I've never seen a bearded dragon that looked like him. I've attached a few pictures of him, and i have my speculations on what he actually was.
My guess was that he was a German Giant/ Goliath, though i know these morphs are near impossible to come by.
By the time he passed away, he was a whopping 27 inches and weighed almost 950 grams.
I'll never replace him, but id love to know what he really was. Can anyone help?
full

full

I included him as a baby when his colors were way more prevalent.
full

This last image is the last one i got of him, I know he looks sick, this was a mere hour before he passed away. I snagged the picture to show the vet on how he was presenting when i found him. Its one of the only aerial pictures i got of him.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
He appears to just a be a large normal beardie with what looked to be some red coloration when he was younger. I really have no knowledge on German giants but as far as I know, most GG's are almost entirely gone as most people prefer color rather than size for beardies.

I've looked at some pictures of GG's next to normal sized beardies and they are huge, both in length and head structure.
These two pictures are from a user on this site called Seleen89559
IMG00210-20110803-1921.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e130/Saleen89559/cage/photo1.jpg
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=165037&start=15

The averagely sized beardie in the picture is 18" and 600 grams and then the possible GG is 25" and 840 grams.
I myself have a fairly decently sized beardie, he's not above average at all. About 21" and most of the time 500+ grams, but that 25" beardie in that picture would still be much larger than him and not just by length.
I also have two female beardies. One is 2 years old, 17" and 460 grams and the other is 15 months old, 18" and 395 grams. They are a lot smaller than him in length but they are similar sizes and my 21" male definitely does not tower over the two of them like the possible GG does in the picture above.

This post may be worth looking into.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=141263

If he had the large overall bone structure he could be considered a GG maybe but if it's just length and weight then he was just a large dragon. However, GG's themselves are just large dragons, nothing special about them other than selective breeding to achieve their large size. I, however, have heard GG's were usually hybrids between P. Vitticeps and P. Barbata but no clue if theres any truth to that.

Also sorry for your loss.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry to hear that your dragon passed. Cecil really was a huge boy, and the G.Giants were just that, larger than average dragons bred for size. There genetics are still floating around because genes just don't disappear. They were not a hybrid of P.barbata though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom