Genetics

Status
Not open for further replies.
When calculating genetics, if one or both dragons are visual for two recessive morphs do you use a 4 square for each morph or a 16 square to figure out genetic possibilities? There is a lady saying she bred 2 hypotrans (which I thought was highly frowned upon anyways)dragons and got hypos. Is this possible?

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
Breeding trans x trans is very frowned upon as it still produces weak dragons.

I find it hard to believe if bred htxht she only got hypos. With hypo x hypo you do get 100% hypo babies. With trans x trans there is normally a large amount of trans which is why money hungry people pair them.

Does the person actually have trans dragons?

Celestialdragons

Original Poster
I have no clue what she actually has. She had posted an add for a female hypo and listed her pairing to be hypotrans German giant X hypotrans German giant.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Celestialdragons":119l1hld said:
There is a lady saying she bred 2 hypotrans (which I thought was highly frowned upon anyways)dragons and got hypos. Is this possible?
You would get hypos from that pairing, but if that statement is implying that none were trans then no, that's not possible.

-Brandon

Celestialdragons

Original Poster
So that answers my 'how many squares ' question, lol. But ya. She was implying she only had hypos from that pairing.Which I didn't think made sense. I mean it's technically not impossible, maybe all the trans died and she only had hypos left, which I totally can see happening with that pairing, idunno. I wasn't thinking about purchasing it. Hells no, just didn't think it was possible to just have a hypo from that pairing. Maybe she has no clue about genetics, cuz even if it was just hypo it would still be het trans as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom