Citrus x Zero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, just curious what kind of colors I may get if I cross a yellow citrus with a hypo zero. I know they'd be het zero, but what kind of colors would they be? How does the zero morph influence the color when not dominant, if at all?

Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, there are probably zero people on this forum that have bred a zero dragon. :) That's my guess, maybe 1-2 own a zero but have not bred them. Try asking the breeder that you got him from....other than that my guess would be that you'd get very pretty light color dragons that are nearly patternless.

it all depends on what line your zero came from you would need to ask the breeder it could be any colour from normal browns to rainbow if your zero came from a citrus line they would be all citrus looking babies but het for zero :D as zero is a recessive trait it would not influence the colour of the babies :D

BeardedJordan

Original Poster
welshbeardeddragon":1urwyz1d said:
it all depends on what line your zero came from you would need to ask the breeder it could be any colour from normal browns to rainbow if your zero came from a citrus line they would be all citrus looking babies but het for zero :D as zero is a recessive trait it would not influence the colour of the babies :D

thanks. this is exactly what I thought.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Zero people breeding zero Zeros on here... :)
I been thinking about it for awhile though.
Haven't decided because they are expensive. But the profit margin is huge...so still tempted.

Sinoxus

Not a breeder, but thought this might be a good time to share one of our babies, Zeus! He's a Hypo Zero we bought from Lynn at Carolina Designer Dragons. She was at Repticon in Baltimore in January. When I saw him, I knew he needed to be a part of our family! I believe she said she got him and some others she had from Josh at Phantom Dragons, as I guess he's one of the only breeders of Zero's in North America. This picture was taken about a month ago, so he's even bigger than this now. I really need to take some more recent photos of him and our girl Hera. So to answer your question, perhaps reaching out to Lynn or Phantom Dragons might yield some additional insight. :)

91304-5266564819.jpg

gorgeous dragon :p i just brought one from a dutch breeder for 285 euro including shipping a male full zero normal scale and 2 hypo het zero leather back females from different breeder for £120 each so going to be producing a few next year coming down in price a bit now but still cost between £400-600 in uk for a standard full zero :silent: and up to £1000 for a top quality zero hypo trans leatherback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom