Dragon breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrScales

Hi! I am new to breeding dragons, in fact any animal, and I would like to know some things:
Do i have to wait like nine months from now for a "Mating season?" someone I know has a beardie and claims this but... idk.
Do i need a loose substrate for my girl to lay eggs in? If so, what would you recommend? I know that it has to be something she can burrow into, right?
What is prime breeding age? Right now I have a 2 y/o female and i heard that's about right? But what about males?
Should one be smaller/larger? or does that even matter?
What type of incubator would you recommend? Not looking for a custom one, I want to make sure it works and I don't forget to do something - instructions usually come with these things, right?
Where can I even buy an incubator?
Is it best to keep the two beardies separate and then putting them together to mate? Or leave them together? I know a breeder who just keeps them together, but they have free roam outside of the terrarium.
What should I put the babies in? for my dragons, I use washable terrarium liners. Would keeping the whole litter/cluster/idk in a terrarium altogether with this liner be okay?
Do babies use the same lighting as adults? I just mean the newborns.
Are some incubators made specifically for dragons? If so, do i change the temps myself?
Thanks, and hopefully I get some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom