Goodbye, my sweet Cleo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a gaping hole in my heart after having to put down my beautiful, sweet girl, Cleo. Though I only got to spend 2 short years with Cleo, she immediately stole my heart and I adored her from day one. Cleo was adventurous and spunky during the day, but at night she was a big mush who loved to curl up into my neck and fall asleep while I read a book or watched TV in bed. I cannot find the words to justify how much pain I'm feeling or how much I will miss every small detail about her.

At just 2 years old, Cleo developed follicular stasis which injured her liver. After a hard battle and a tough surgery that was hard on her, we had to come to terms with the fact that Cleo's journey had ended. The decision to put her down was one of the worst things I ever had to do, but my aunt told me these words that gave me so much comfort: "You are not ending her life, you are ending her death." On the day she passed, we spent a while playing and she seemed so happy and so much like her old self before becoming sick. When it was finally time to say goodbye, she passed curled up in my hands, where I know she felt safe.

The fact that she passed so young will always haunt me, and I know that the pain I feel now will never fully go away. All I know is that I will love her always, and I will miss her everyday.

Sweet dreams, my sweet girl.

92042-7874765014.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom