RIP Rocky the Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky is no longer with us. :( He crossed the rainbow bridge this afternoon, with the help of his vet. It was an extremely difficult decision for us as his health had deteriorated rapidly the past few months.

Rocky's tumor returned in early July and grew very quickly. He started to lose weight in September and last week he stopped eating. In recent days, he struggled to walk and was flipping over multiple times a day.

We are truly grateful for the time we had with him. And even more grateful for all of the support we've gotten from everyone in this group, as we shared Rocky's story.

We are forever thankful to Dr. Rhody and his staff at Lakeside Veterinary Center in Laurel, MD for the care that Rocky received. They are true professionals in everything they do.

For now, the tank is dark and our hearts are heavy. We are taking a break from "dragon slavery", and will return when the time is right.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom