RIP Eri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to be posting under these circumstances. My dragon, Eridor, was a male dragon I have looked after for over three years. He has been completely healthy, eating, drinking, and defecating regularly. His tank was kept clean, with UVA & UVB bulbs (changed every 5-6 months) and a cool side of 20dC, a hot side of 34dC and a "basking" spot of 40dCelsius.

The night before he had his crickets, and this morning before work he had his salad. I checked on the little guy when I got home form work, he was looking a little pale so I moved him to a warmer part of the enclosure. When I put him down I realised he was gone. His body was pale (except his beard which was black), his head was sunken, eyes half closed and empty, cold to the touch, and limp.

Obviously worried, I was looking for any sign of life. His mouth was slightly open and I caught sight of something in it. I touched his lower jaw and blood just started pouring out (horrified does not come close to describing how I felt).

I've always fed him salads (like kale, lamb lettuce, etc.) fed captive bred insects (nothing wild), dusted food with calcium and vitamins. I'm just at a loss for what happened while I was working. He had crickets last night, and had a healthy looking bowel movement- and even had some kale this morning.

EDIT: Just been informed that this section doesn't allow for replies, thanks to JessPets and CooperDragon for the info and messages- really appreciate it, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom